This interactive and engaging course will equip learners with the key knowledge, practical skills and confidence to encourage and support adults to stop smoking. The training will include fun and dynamic activities that can be adapted and tailored to suit the needs of the smokers you work with.
To gain knowledge and understanding of the quitting process and acquire skills in encouraging and supporting people to quit.
- Understand nicotine addiction
- Understand how motivation influences quit attempts
- Describe a range of withdrawal symptoms and identify appropriate coping strategies to remain smokefree
- Gain knowledge and skills in the use of a carbon monoxide monitor
- Recognise the benefits of quitting smoking
- Understand the process of stopping smoking and discover how to appropriately support a smoker to quit
- Create and implement a smoking cessation plan
- Know where to signpost people for further support to stop smoking
The training has given me knowledge and skills to help motivate and empower others to quit smoking.
I’m now able to approach individuals with full knowledge of processes in quitting, causes of relapse and correct info on what is available to help them through the process.