This interactive and engaging course will equip you with the key knowledge; practical skills, and confidence to discuss issues regarding smoking prevention and cessation (quitting) with young people. Through experiential learning, participants will have the opportunity to take part in dynamic and fun activities that can be adapted and tailored to suit the needs of the young people they work with.
To acquire knowledge and skills in discouraging young people from starting smoking, by dispelling myths and promoting good health.
- Understand issues relating to young people and smoking.
- Understand nicotine addiction.
- Recognise the possible health consequences of smoking.
- Recognise the benefits of quitting smoking.
- Understand the process of stopping smoking and discover how to appropriately support a young person to quit.
- Create and implement a smoking cessation plan.
- Know where to signpost young people for further support to stop smoking.
Working in partnership with YMCA Community College, our training course is accredited through the independent awarding organisation Agored Cymru. This is a 10 hour training unit which will include one full day face-to-face training and additional home study.
The style and delivery of all the sessions was very well balanced and very informative. The trainers were very good, well done! I will definitely utilise what I have learnt in the future.