Illegal tobacco constitutes a serious public health risk by undermining initiatives aimed at reducing tobacco consumption. It is most likely to be sold in deprived areas where rates of tobacco consumption are already creating significant ill health. The illegal tobacco trade makes it easier for children to start smoking, takes advantage of those from low-income families and can help fund organised crime.
This course will equip you with the knowledge and skills to tackle illegal tobacco in the community, through raising awareness and educating people about the associated risks.
- What illegal tobacco is
- How to recognise illegal tobacco
- Where illegal tobacco comes from
- The impact illegal tobacco can have on young people
- The impact illegal tobacco can have on communities
- Where to report an illegal tobacco concern
I enjoyed the illegal tobacco information – fresh ideas on how to deliver activities with
I learnt about illegal tobacco – had limited knowledge of this before